why this blog?

Likelihood Ratio (LR) in Emergency Medicine

12/25/2014

My heart hates Christmas


Clinical Scenario

It’s 7 pm on Christmas day, a 32 yo woman refers palpitations since the morning. I was with my frends yesterday nigth, I think I had drank a bit too much. I Hate Christmas, it brings me down.
She’s awake, alert and oriented, her mood is low. Vital signs are normal,  EKG shows a sinus rhythm. 




 I’m sure it’s nothing but this damn holidays…











Conclusion 

There is any clinical relationship between arrhytmias and holidays or acute assumption of alcholic drinks, furthermore lonely heart can't rule out a sick heart.



Marry Xmas to all our readers! Please be happy!

Ilenia e Ciro


Bibliography 

P. Thavendiranathan 

AJ. Barsky 
Ann Intern Med 2001 May 1 134 (Pt 2) 832-7. 

5 comments: